Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taking the Plunge...

Years and years ago I subscribed to a mailing list fun (and sometimes silly) photo tips & tricks site called Photojojo.  Sometimes they have really cool ideas.  I woke up to an email from them today about tips for underwater photography (take a peek here!).  That got me thinking... I've never done any underwater photography, nor have I even considered getting any of my precious camera equipment remotely close to a body of water (that stuff's pricey!).  I never gave it a fair mulling over... So I took a peek at the email.  Pretty basic info, but the article made underwater photography with people as the subjects look just plain fun!  And, with the arrival of the summer season, it made me want to track down an underwater casing device for a camera, gather up some willing participants, and plunge into the ocean (or maybe a pool to start)!  Early in the day I spent some time browsing the good ol' internets for some awesome underwater wedding/engagement/pretty dress photos, and boy, did I find a lot of them!  Here are some to share...

(photo credit: Zena Holloway)


(Photo Credit: Draper Photography)


(Photo Credit: Lucas VanDyke)


(Photo Credit: Carl Zoch)


(Photo Credit: Casey Jay Benson)


(Photo Credit: Roberto Falck)


(Photo Credit: Jenn Sample)


(Photo Credit: Carl Zoch)


(Photo Credit: Kevin Beasley)


(Photo Credit: Zena Holloway)



How cool are those?  I must say, the Zena Holloway ones are probably my favorites.  So now... who out there is going to be the daring couple or maybe just a bride with a dress who will take the plunge with me?   ;)



 

1 comment:

  1. hahah it's a lot harder than it looks, but rewarding and fun! Just make sure the pool is heated! (btw there is a typo in my name spelling)

    ReplyDelete