Monday, May 23, 2011

Speakeasy Ball @ Lounge SD

Last week I had the pleasure of donating my time and services to help out at a great event for such a wonderful cause that is near and dear to my heart.  Lounge SD hosted a really fun speakeasy party to raise much needed funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  As the lovely Sarah  (the host and event manager at Lounge SD) pointed out, the possibility is high that everyone knows, or at least knows of someone, who has battled some kind of cancer, maybe leukemia or lymphoma.  I know I have had several people in my life over the years fight that battle... some not so lucky to have been victorious.  I was so happy when Sara got in touch with me and asked me to snap a few photos at their little event.  I was able to meet some wonderful new friends and play a small part in their efforts.  The Speakeasy Ball raised around $500 in those few short hours through donations and raffle ticket purchases.  Way to go!



Sara is a participant in the "Team in Training" group to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Please visit her page by clicking here and consider making a small donation to help her reach her goal!

**************************************

The Speakeasy Ball was supported by some wonderful vendors who donated their time and services.  Please check them out!

Lounge SD

Nights of the Sound Table

ShutterBooth

Ginger & Tonic

**Plus more to come when I find their info... sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment