Monday, June 6, 2011

Ian & Charise's Wedding

Here's a little something you may not know about me... I studied history in college... and on that journey I learned a lot about the world and the people that have inhabited it over time.  I have always been especially interested in different religions, and have spent a lot of time studying the basic principals of several.  So I was so excited when Ian and Charise contacted me to shoot their wedding photos.  Ian and Charise are LDS,  so they wanted to start their day with shooting their formal portraits at the LDS Temple in La Jolla.  I was so excited to hear this.  I've driven by the gorgeous temple so many times, and have always been curious about the beautiful white building.  I guess I didn't realize that anyone can go visit the gorgeous gardeny grounds! And me being the curious gal I am, they were happy to answer my questions as best as they were able to! Awesome!  It's refreshing to find a couple who genuinely knows about their religion, and it's something that is important to the pair, so it creates a strong bond between them, which is just beautiful.

Anyway... Ian and Charise had their official marriage ceremony within the temple, and then were greeted by a handful of select family and friends (and me!) as they exited the temple as a newly married couple.  They looked so happy exiting the temple as husband and wife for the first time!  Ooh... also the dress Charise is wearing is the same dress her aunt was married in... a special "something borrowed!"

Their cutie-patootie puppy was a guest of honor!

After a few photos at the Temple, Ian and Charise left with their immediate families and wedding party for a luncheon.  I met up with them later that day at Marina Village for their ring ceremony.  The ring ceremony was a chance for Ian and Charise to share their vows with the important  people in their lives who were unable to attend their temple ceremony.  The couple wrote a few words to say to each other as their vows, and let me tell you, I don't think I've heard sweeter personalized vows EVER.  Both had slight tears in their eyes.  Adorable.

The reception was awesome as well... Ian's stepmom made the five-tier wedding cake herself!  Ian's bandmates seranaded the couple for their first dance, and later Ian joined them and performed a special song just for Charise.  So lovely.



Thank you, Ian and Charise, for including me in on this very important and special day!  You two have a bright future ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Iliana. Two dresses? One for each ceremony? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did have two! She ended up switching back to the first right after their ring ceremony because it was more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete