Monday, October 17, 2011

Molly & Justin's Santa Barbara Wedding

Wow. What a wonderful weekend.  I honestly had to take a step back and take everything in... I realized, again, how fortunate I am to be given the opportunity to be doing what I love, and how amazing it is that by doing what I love I have been able to play a role in such an important times in so many people's lives... including some of my own friends. 

This weekend was very special to me because it was the weekend that Molly and Justin got married (remember their sweet engagement session?).  Molly was a huge part of my past... we were best friends through middle school and a large portion of high school.  We did, unfortunately, grow apart as our lives changed and we each went our own ways for college.  We did always stay in touch and remain friends.  I was over the moon happy when Molly and Justing got engaged (even though I hadn't yet met Justin at that point) and asked me to shoot their engagement photos as well as their wedding day.  After much excited wedding chatter between Molly and me, the day finally came, and I travelled up to lovely Santa Barbara for Molly and Justin's wedding...

It all started with a little primping at the Santa Barbara Inn...




And a little excitement as it set in that she was actually getting married in just a few hours!


The way a mother (espcially one who I have known for so long!) looks at her daughter as she steps into her wedding gown for the final time is so special.  I love this moment.



Molly and Justin's wedding ceremony was at the Mural Room of the Santa Barbara Courthouse.  So here's a side story... You probably already know that I studied history (and art history) in college.  I am a nerd.  Molly also studied history in college, so I was stoked when she was explaining all the nerdy details to me.  I was excited to finally see it in person.  It is a gorgeous place!  Please check it out if you are ever in Santa Barbara!













Such a happy HUSBAND!




After our photo advenuture throughout the halls of the courthouse, we moved to the beautiful UCSB campus, where Molly and Justin had their reception at the Mosher Alumni House.  Molly and Justin met while studying at UCSB, so the campus was a special place for them.  It was a no brainer for them to host their fun reception there. But first we had time for a few more fun photos outside the alumni house.





Staying true to her roots and love of the written word, Molly decorated the reception with tons of hardcover books.  It was such a great detail and a reflection of both of their personalities.


Following a wonderful first dance as husband and wife, Molly and Justin treated their friends and family to a delicious meal, a fun candy bar and more.  There were heartfelt toasts from the wedding party, and a cake-face-smash that I am so proud of.  I honestly have not had time to get to these photos yet... because let's be honest, a girl needs to sleep some time.  So maybe there will be a part two?

In the mean time, CONGRATULATIONS to Molly and Justin, a wonderful couple that I am proud to call my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Love the portraits of them together! Especially the 8th one up from the bottom...with all the tile detail! Wonderful job lady!

    ReplyDelete